Saturday, March 28, 2009

Addicted To BrightLights, But Got A Lil Stage Fright?

Okay Okay Okay, as some of you may know, or may not know, i write poetry. I have been credited for being a very good writer for about a year plus now, and not to toot my own horn or nothing, but all the people that are supposedly the top "poets" in my daily life and what not, seem to not umm... how can i say it, well.. be better than me...
So this leads me to my lil dillemma or what not, there is a poetry slam at my school the end of April, and a lot of people are saying i should go. Even the person holding it is basically tryna force me to be in it. I want to, but only problem is i have never performed anything before and i dont know how to. My poems are art to me, and i would hate to disrespect them by not performing them the way i see them in my head.
Ugh, I really think imma try it though, hopefully i dont die over. Ohh and just in case i do decide to do it, and you wanna come see, its at S-Dub(Southwestern) on April 24th, 2009.
And Without further a do.. my treat, a freebie. lol

Solitude Dreamer

He's alone, a loaner on his own.
No home, it’s like he's a rolling stone...
Can’t stick with this, but he's stuck in this.
Imagine his motive, determined to believe
Inspired to achieve… he must, oh yes he must dream
He has too many thoughts to sleep on
He has too much talent to sleep on
He is too much to sleep on…
He is a solitude dreamer…
A vivid imagination of his own conception..
Depth measurement equal to ocean floors,
He often finds himself drowning...
To the point that he is lost in the ocean
Everything to him looks the same…
The motions, the eternal gaze to the horizon
From the clouds that he would blame.
Raining on his life, to where he dwells for the drain
To where he sees the same thing

..this might be my choice of what i do if i do what i should do when they tryna make me do it. lol yehdigg.

No comments: