Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BLENDer

blend concepts are either a hit or miss
i was checking out the homies blog which reminded me of a few blend mixtapes that either did it for me...or ruined it for me

the most recent one that i gave a listen to was probably the coldplay x jay-z mixtape
"Viva La Hova"

this tape was pretty much filled with hit or miss with me, with a majority of miss...the one stand out track "Miss Trouble" i still listen to today which is the best on the tape.
the next up is also pretty recent but i didnt really listen to it is 50 cents "90's & My Hearts Broken"
lol a direct subliminal hit to kanye obviously but the concept is pretty much some old 50 verses blended with some old rnb classics from the 90s...pretty nice tracklist from the look of it but im still to give it a listen lol, maybe in my next life
And finally the best blend ive heard via mixtape would have to be the Fall Out Boy x Kanye West mixtape that came out probably about a year & some change ago
this tape had a majority of good blends with some nice concepts
the only thing that killed this tape for me was the WACK ass rapper they made the awful decision to go ahead and feature himself on a few token tracks...luckily he kept it a minimal...none the less he sucked toes.
even to this day my favorite tracks are "The Takeover", "Get Busy or Get Diamonds", and "FameInfamy"
but i believe to be a fan of any blend tape you have to like both featured artists equally so they would complement eachother in your own ears...

well thats my 2 cents for now...
ill be back later after some inspiration

No comments: